3/22/15

Sea Shell Jar

Today was a lazy day.  I had lots of time in my studio playing with a variety of products and creating all kinds of things.  As I worked on one project, another came to mind and I started that, then another came to mind and I started that, so........ I have lots of projects in my studio in some stage of completion.

But this is one project I did complete because I was so excited to see how it would turn out. 



As I am sure you know, I love stamping and embossing.  I picked up this funky bottle and wanted to see how etchall dip 'n etch would work with my stamps.

Using a beach themed stamp from Rubber Dance Art Stamps, I inked it with ColorBox Twinkle Watermark Ink and stamped it directly on the bottle.

 
 
Next, I poured ColorBox Clear Embossing Powder on top and heat set.

 

Check out the beach scene on the bottle. 
Allow the bottle to cool completely before moving onto the next step.

 

Next, place the bottle in the etchall dip 'n etch and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.   Rinse the bottle and rub off the embossing powder using a baby wipe and your nails (gently).  Isn't it amazing?
 
 
I filled the jar with sea shells, added a stamped sentiment about the beach and tied it to the bottle neck.
 

I love how this turned out.  Next time, I think I'll fill it with sand because it's a little hard to see the design with the shells inside.

But what do you think?  I am having so much fun with stamping and embossing and etchall products.

Steph

 

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Steph! This turned out really pretty! I love everything beach, so this project is right up my ally.
    I've never dried the dip 'n etch - looks really fun! Thank you so much for using my stamps for your bottle art :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bibi. Your stamps were perfect for this project and you need to try dip 'n etch.

      Delete